26 June 2017
John Lewis, Customer Delivery Hub, Acton
- Region: West London
- Value: £8.1m
- Contract terms: JCT Design and Build 2011 with JLP Amendments
- Contract length: 31 Weeks
- Procurement: Design + Build
- Completed: 13 June 2016
- Community: Midas donated tonnes of waste timber to a local community wood recycling project.
- BREEAM: Excellent
- Site features & challenges: To mitigate delays from the shell contractor overrunning, the Midas site team worked weekends and through the Easter break to ensure on-time completion..
This project comprises the BREEAM Excellent fit out of a customer delivery hub, offices and warehouse, including the installation of 52,500ft² mezzanine floor within a new shell and core building, including full M&E installations, office fit out (Cat A and Cat B) and installations at the warehouse and vehicle workshop facilities. Internal installations include a catered kitchen, M&E, heating, lighting, data, pod WCs, carpet racking, internal projection, specialist equipment (vehicle workshop) and all associated services. External installations include one waste care platform, weighbridge, above ground fuelling station and vehicle wash facility.