25 February 2015
Pembroke Court Care Home
- Region: Hampshire
- Value: £7,000,000
- Contract terms: JCT Design and Build 2011
- Contract length: 65 weeks
- Procurement: Design + Build
- Completed: LIVE PROJECT
- BREEAM: Very good (targeted)
- Site features and challenges: Constrained site, asbestos removal, challenging materials based design requirements
- Community: Midas supported students at Southampton Solent University, allowing site visits and guided tours to help them complete case studies, and providing work experience for one student. Midas attended advice to secondary school students at interview training.
Prior to construction, Midas was contracted to demolish and clear two 1970s buildings, on this constrained site bound by residential properties. The completed project offers bedrooms, café, craft room, hair and beauty salon, dining areas, kitchen and lifts. External works comprised extensive hard and soft landscaping, including the creation of a courtyard and a ‘scented’ sensory garden to encourage memory stimulation for residents. Car parking spaces were also created.